this and that
Here we are, entering the last full week of April. It feels like the month just began with our trip to Montreal. I hope to share some highlights of my favorite places soon (the post has been in my drafts folder for a week now, and it’s almost done!).
I thought I’d pop in today to share what I’ve been reading, eating, dreaming about, and bookmarking for my To Do list in the near future (okay, one of them will have to wait until at least next year).
Hope the weekend was wonderful, and Monday is gentle to you all.
- I’ve been consuming a lot of these the past month, between my trip here while in Montreal, and then finding myself dangerously close to Dominique Ansel two weeks in a row. I’m eager to try my hand at making them at home, though it will be devastating news for my waistline.
- If the growing season is in line with last year, I’ll be harvesting violets from my backyard in a week or two to make this syrup. I’m so excited, I can hardly contain myself.
- When in NYC, this is the place to go for the best burger. One bite, and it quickly knocked every other contender out of the race.
- I can’t wait to read Patti Smith’s new memoir, out this fall, and already have November 10th marked on my calendar for the 40th anniversary of Horses.
- Belgium has been on my wish list for a couple of years now. It would be lovely to see this in person next spring.
- Cleaning has never excited me before, though the end result is always satisfying. I’m eager to give a few of these tips a try.
I’ve made several batches of DKM’s since Christmas. The recipe in his book is long, but easy to follow and they turned out perfect the first time! Truly devastating for my waistline and arteries, but worth it….