What if your cherished recipe could help feed another family this holiday season? Well, it can. Starting next Monday, December 7th through December 18th, In Jennie’s Kitchen is hosting the 12 Days of Cookies—a virtual cookie swap benefiting Share Our Strength.
Everyone is welcome to stop by and peruse the virtual cookie jar which will include links to recipes from participating bloggers. I’m also excited for the daily guest co-hosts, including Jaden of Steamy Kitchen, Shauna a.k.a Gluten Free Girl, Jen from My Kitchen Addiction, Gina from Change Becomes Change, Michelle from What’s Cooking and Diana from A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa to help spread the word on how a cookie can make a difference. In Jennie’s Kitchen will also be featuring a different blogger each day as the “Recipe of the Day”.
And because you’re all opening your hearts to give this season to help end childhood hunger, we’ve got a few surprises for you. In addition to the amazing recipes you’ll find from all the contributing bloggers, every donation made to Share Our Strength using the 12 Days of Cookies donation link secures a giveaway ticket for some pretty cool gifts, including:
- Cuisinart 5.5 quart Stand Mixer donated from Cuisinart (value $300)
- Cuisinart 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer with three accessories to mix, whip and knead dough, 12 speeds, and an auto shutoff Countdown Timer you’ll always get the job done just right.
- Food Network gift bags donated by Food Network (30 lucky winners each get a bag)
- You can make an impact and help save our planet in this Good Food Gardens reusable bag. But to make this even better, each bag contains the latest Alton Brown cookbook and an assortment of Food Network DVDs.
- Holiday Cookies by Linda Collister donated by Ryland Peters Small (7 copies value $16 each)
- In Holiday Cookies, baking queen Linda Collister serves up a feast of ideas for homemade gifts and edible decorations that are perfect for serving at home or giving to friends and family, whatever the occasion.
- Ellingers Agatized Wood Bowls Set
- The bowls are made of durable agatized wood with natural wood finish. Set includes a 4 qt, 2-1/2 qt, 1-1/2 qt, and 1 qt mixing bowls.
$100 Gift Certificate donated by 1-800-Flowers (value $100)
- One Year Premium Photo Editing Subscription donated by Picknik.com (value: $25)
- Picnik.com lets you make your photos fabulous with easy to use yet powerful editing tools. Tweak to your heart’s content, then get creative with
oodles of effects, fonts, shapes, and frames.
And products from Calphalon, Microplane, and Wusthof being added daily.
So preheat your ovens. This holiday season we’re baking to end hunger one sweet recipe at a time.
How can you participate in the virtual cookie swap?
Post a baked goods recipe on your own blog with the 12 Days of Cookies badge below
in the body of the post (and by all means, feel free to post it on your homepage for the entire 12 days too).
(html code: <a href=”http://share.strength.org/12days”><img alt=”12DaysCookies_badge-1″ class=”asset asset-image at-xid-6a010536c5c2f4970c012875f5a9ed970c ” src=”https://mamachronicles.typepad.com/.a/6a010536c5c2f4970c012875f5a9ed970c-pi” style=”width: 150px;” title=”12DaysCookies_badge-1″ /></a>)
Once you’ve posted your recipe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject titled “12 Days of Cookies” and include 1) a link to your post and 2) a photo if you’d like to be considered for one of the daily Featured Recipes picks.
What kind of recipe can I post to participate?
Sure, we’re calling it a virtual cookie jar, but we can certainly bend the rules for a good cause. Any baked goods recipe, including cookies, bars, cakes and pies, are welcome—just don’t forget you must include the donation badge and link in order for your post to qualify.
How can I participate if I’m not a food blogger?
We all have memories, whether it’s of the cookies your nana used to bake, that special coffee cake an aunt made on Christmas morning, or the rugelach your grandma lovingly prepared, right? Share that special experience with us in your blog post, and if you have the recipe, we’d all love to share it with you too. Please don’t forget to include the badge in the body of your post in order for it to be included in the 12 Days of Cookies links.
I don’t have a blog but want to participate.
Visit the virtual cookie jar and find a favorite recipe. Then pay it forward and click the 12 Days of Cookie badge to make a donation. Every amount counts, so no donation is too small.
Are participating bloggers eligible for the giveaway prizes?
Everyone who makes a donation using the 12 Days of Cookies donation link is eligible. The winners will be chosen at random, so yes, please feel free to donate in addition to posting a recipe in the virtual cookie jar.