Quinoa, Lentil & Mushroom Soup
I used what I had in the crisper bin to pull this very comforting soup together. This soup can probably be set up in a slow cooker, too, so do let me know if you give it a try that way.
- Chopped onion, about ½ of a medium one
- Carrots, 2 diced
- Mushroom, 2 handfuls, quartered (I used crimini but shiitakes would've been my first choice)
- Sea salt
- Quinoa, uncooked, a handful or two
- Dry lentil, a handful or two
- 1 bay leaf
- Handful of fresh parsley, if you have any on hand
- Broth or water, 4 cups, plus more as needed
- Sauté some chopped onion, diced carrots & quartered mushrooms in olive oil in a deep pot. Be sure to salt them. Add a handful or two of dry quinoa & dry lentils. A bayleaf is great, too, if you have one, as well as a healthy handful of chopped fresh parsley. Stir in 4 cups of liquid (water or broth of choice). Bring it to a boil, then let simmer until lentils & carrots are tender, adding more liquid as needed if the soup gets too thick. Whole things cooks up in about 40 minutes.