Roasted Sweet Potato, Spinach & Pecan Salad
Don't take life too seriously when putting this salad together. Spinach is the green I highlighted here, but arugula would be nice, too, as would watercress. Something about pecans reminds me of fall and winter, but if you want to use walnuts instead, go for it.
- 4 cups baby spinach, rinsed & dried
- 1 sweet potato, roasted & cut into half moons or triangles
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup pecan halves, toasted & chopped (divided)
- 2 tablespoons Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe is here)
- Prepare, and roast the sweet potatoes.
- Add the spinach, sweet potato, onion, and half the pecans to a deep bowl. Spoon the dressing on top, and stir to mix everything. Divide the salad amongst 4 dishes, or arrange on a large serving platter. Sprinkle the remaining pecans on top, and enjoy!