Crispy Roasted Mushrooms
A lovely, gluten-free stand-in for croutons in salad, these crispy roasted mushrooms are also a great garnish in soups.
- 8 ounces (224 grams) crimini mushrooms, sliced thin
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to a medium bowl. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, just enough to coat the mushrooms. Season with salt, and toss well to mix. Spread in a single layer onto the prepared sheet pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, give the mushrooms a stir, and bake for 45 to 60 minutes more, until crisp.
- Let the mushrooms cool completely before using, or you can store cooled mushrooms in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.