Tahini, Date & Chocolate Truffles
I prefer to buy hulled, raw sesame seeds, and toast them as needed. If you prefer bite-sized truffles, use a smaller scoop, and you should get about 20. If you’re doubling the recipe, then a food processor might work fine. Otherwise, I find my mini chopper does a better job. And be patient, just when it looks like this won’t work, it all comes together. Promise. I sweat bullets every time, and yet it always works out!
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 5 tablespoons (47 grams) tahini
- ¼ cup (25 grams) cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of fleur de sel
- Hulled sesame seeds, toasted
- Add the dates, tahini, cocoa, vanilla, and fleur de sel to a mini chopper. Pulse until the mixture form a smooth paste. Be patient, as this takes a few minutes; let’s say 5, or so.
- Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons), portion out the truffles. Roll them into balls. Pour some sesame seeds in a zip top bag, or container. Add a few truffles at a time, and give it a shake to coat them all over.
- Store truffles in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.