The Best Roasted Almonds
This is more a guideline than an actual recipe. Almonds should be soaked at least two hours, and ideally overnight. Make as little as you like, or as much—that's why I'm not giving exact measurements here. With regards to the oil, be light of hand with your drizzle. You need just enough to lightly coat the almonds. I use fleur de sel; Maldon sea salt flakes work great, too.
- Soaked Almonds, Drained & Rinsed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF (150ºC).
- Add the almonds to a kitchen towel. Squeeze gently to dry them off slightly.
- Spread the almonds on a rimmed tray. Drizzle with a bit of oil, and sprinkle some salt over them. Give the pan a shake to coat the almonds.
- Bake until the almonds are fragrant, lightly golden & dried out, 40 to 50 minutes. Store cooled almonds in an airtight jar or tin.