Slow Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 pint of tomatoes
- ¼ cup of olive oil (plus more for storing)
- 5 to 6 sprig of fresh lemon thyme
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 250F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper long enough to hangover the sides.
- Cut the tomatoes in half. Scatter them onto the prepared pan. Drizzle with the oil. Season with salt, as desired, and top with thyme.
- Roast for 1 1/12 to 2 hours, turning halfway through, until the tomatoes are collapsed and softened.
- Let cool completely. Transfer to a container, and add more oil until the tomatoes are completely covered. Packed this way, the tomatoes will keep for up to 2 months in the fridge.