Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1¼ pounds (20 ounces / 1.25 kilo) peeled & cut butternut squash
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Sea salt
- 1 can (13.5 ounces / 380 grams) coconut milk
- 1 cup (237 ml) vegetable stock
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Fresh chopped cilantro, to garnish
- ¼ cup shelled pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190ºC).
- Add the squash and shallots to a 9-inch (22 cm) x 13-inch (33 cm) roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil. Season with the salt. Bake until the squash is very tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted squash and shallots to the bowl of the blender. Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Pulse until the soup is very smooth.
- Ladle the soup into deep bowls. Sprinkle cilantro and pumpkin seeds on top. Squeeze of fresh wedge of lime over-the-top before serving.