Oatmeal Banana Muffins
- 1⅓ cups (200 grams) whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 grams fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons (37 grams) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) baking powder
- ½ cup (153 grams) cold, cooked oatmeal
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup cashew milk
- coarse granulated sugar, like Sugar in the Raw, for finishing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line the cups with parchment paper.
- Add the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder to a deep bowl. Whisk to blend. Add the oatmeal, bananas, oil, and cashew milk to the flour mixture. Use a fork to stir until the batter is just combined, and there are no visible traces of flour.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the tops with a bit of coarse sugar, if desired. Bake 28 to 30 minutes, until the tops are golden and they spring back when tapped lightly.
- MAKE AHEAD: Once you fill the muffin tin with the batter, you can place the tray in the freezer until the batter is frozen. This works best when using muffin tin liners. Transfer the frozen muffins (with the liner intact) to a ziptop bag. Remove as much air as possible, and freeze for up to 1 month. Place frozen muffins back into a tin, and bake in a preheated oven for 35 to 37 minutes.