No Cook Tomato Basil Sauce
- ½ pound dry pasta
- 3 ripe tomatoes, about he size of a tennis ball, diced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn or chopped
- Fine sea salt
- Knob of butter
- Pecorino Romano cheese, to serve
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt the water. Add the pasta, and cook until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, prep the tomatoes. Add them to a deep serving bowl with the basil, and salt. Stir, and let sit while the pasta is cooking.
- Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water before draining the pasta. Add a knob of butter (let’s call it 1 to 2 tablespoons) to the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the hot pasta, and stir until the butter is melted. Drizzle in the reserved water, stirring, until the sauce is to your desired consistency. You might not need it all.
- Serve hot, with grated cheese.