Sweet Butter Pastry Crust
- 1 ½ cups (225 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated natural cane sugar
- Few pinches of sea salt
- 1 stick very cold butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons ice cold water
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add the butter, and pulse a few more times until it resembles a sandy-looking mixture.
- Add the water. Pulse 20 to 30 seconds until it forms a rough ball of dough.
- Transfer to the dough to a sheet of waxed paper. Wrap loosely, and chill for 10 minutes before rolling out. May be refrigerated for up to 2 days.