Black Raspberry Bruschetta
Think of this no-recipe as a twist on more traditional berry shortcakes. No baking up biscuits (though you know I love making them!). Here, you use good quality bread, toast it up & top with fresh whipped cream, berries & a drizzle of maple syrup. I made mine with black raspberries, but feel free to swap in whatever berries you find at the market.
- Good-quality bread, toasted
- Fresh whipped cream
- Black Raspberries, or whatever you have on hand
- Pure maple syrup
- Fresh lemon thyme, leaves only (optional)
- Arrange the bread on a platter. Spread some whipped cream on top.
- Add the berries to a bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash them slightly.
- Spoon the berries on top of the whipped cream. Drizzle a bit of syrup on top. Sprinkle with lemon thyme leaves. Serve immediately.