Grilled Mediterranean Pizza
- Olive oil, to grease the grill
- 2 cups of arugula
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata or niçoise olives, chopped
- 1 small beefsteak tomato, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 8 mint leaves, chopped
- 2 stalks fresh Greek oregano, leaves chopped (compost stems)
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing
- Flour, for rolling out the dough
- 1 pound of pizza dough, divided (recipe is here)
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- Wipe the grates of your grill with a bit of olive oil. Just enough so the pizza won’t stick. Preheat the grill.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad topping. Add the arugula, olives, tomato, cucumber, mint leaves, and oregano to a deep bowl. Spoon in the dressing, and toss until well coated.
- Prepare the dough for the grill. Sprinkle some flour on a board or counter. Take one half of the dough, and roll it out into a ¼-inch thick rectangle, sprinkling additional flour on the dough and board, only as needed. Repeat with the remaining piece of dough.
- Use a pizza peel or the back of a sheet pan to slide the dough onto the grill. Cook until slightly charred underneath, 3 to 4 minutes. Using metal tongs, turn the dough over, and cook on the other side until slightly charred. Remove from the grill.
- Sprinkle an even amount of feta cheese over each crust. Divide the salad, scattering it on top of the crust. Cut into slices, as desired, and serve immediately.