Sparkling Violet Margarita
- Wedge of lime
- 1½ ounces tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lime lime juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) violet syrup
- Freshly opened bottle of seltzer
- Lime slice, to garnish
- Wipe the rim of a coupe glass (old fashioned champagne glass) with the wedge of lime. Dip the glass into the sugar to coat the rim. Set aside so the sugar can set.
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, and violet syrup. Cover, and shake until beads of sweat form on the outside of the shaker.
- Strain into the prepared coupe glass. Drink immediately.