General Tso's Tofu
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- White wine vinegar
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil.
- Pat tofu dry, gently squeezing out excess water, then cut into cubes. Generously drizzle sheet pan with oil, add tofu and drizzle with more. Season with salt & pepper.
- Broil tofu until deep golden.
- Meanwhile, cut up some broccoli & toss with a bit of oil.
- Flip tofu (it’ll have shrunk a lot!). Tuck broccoli into spaces between tofu. Broil until tofu is deep golden and broccoli tender (okay if it’s charred a bit).
- While tofu and broccoli are cooking, make the sauce. Whisk some Thai sweet chili sauce with tamari and a few splashes of white vinegar. Don’t stress about measurements. Taste as you mix to find the right balance for you.
- Add broccoli & tofu to sauce, tossing to coat. Spoon onto a platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if you have in hand.
- p.s. no sweet chili sauce? Mix apricot jam, white wine vinegar and red chili flakes.