No-Cornmeal Corn Muffins (made with fresh corn!)
- 1 large ear of corn
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Grease one 6-cup muffin pan or fill with paper liners; set aside.
- Break ear of corn in half, then cut kernels from cob (save cobs). Roughly chop corn kernels on a cutting board; add to a small bowl, scraping any juices from the board into the bowl. Using a spoon, scrape the cob over the bowl to remove any juices and bits of corn (you should get about 1 tablespoon).
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg, milk and sugar to bowl with corn; whisk until well blended well.
- Add the egg-corn mixture to the flour mixture; stir until just blended.
- Pour in the butter, and gently fold into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake until the tops are golden and a metal skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.