How To Toast Pumpkin Seeds
- seeds fresh-scooped from a pumpkin, or any other squash (butternut, delicata, acorn, etc.)
- olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- dried spices, optional & to taste (smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, allspice)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Rinse the seeds in a bowl of water, separating as much of the of stringy squash pieces.
- Add the seeds to a pot, size dependent on how many seeds you're cooking. Add enough water to cover the seeds.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a vigorous simmer, and cook for 5 minutes, Strain seeds from water. Add to a towel, and rub off excess water.
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Scatter seeds on pan. Add a drizzle of olive oil, sea salt, and spices, if using. Spread seeds into a single layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes, stir and spread back into a single layer, Roast for 10 to 15 minutes more, until seeds are dry and crisp.