Kalamata Olive & Spelt Sourdough Crackers
- 100 grams unfed sourdough starter discard
- 25 grams olive oil
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted & chopped fine
- 50 grams spelt flour, plus more for rolling out
- 4 grams sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a sheet pan with a silicon liner or parchment paper.
- Add the starter, oil, and oloives to a medium bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon to mix; it’ll become sloshy, and the starter will break apart.
- Add the flour and salt. Stir until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Place the dough in the center of the prepared pan, and press it down into a rectangle. Dust the top of the dough with more flour. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a paper-thin rectangle (it’s okay if the shape isn’t perfect). You’re aiming for 1/16-inch thickness.
- Use a pizza wheel to “score” the dough into squares (so they break apart easily after baked).
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until golden & crisp. Let cool for 15 minutes before breaking apart. Serve immediately, or store in a tightly sealed jar or tin for up to 1 week.