Black Raspberry Sorbet
- 1 pint (250 grams) black raspberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup Simple Syrup (recipe here)
- Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the raspberries and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Process until pureed. Pour the juice through a sieve to strain out the seeds, if desired.
- Whisk in the simple syrup.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Cover & freeze until almost solid.
- Scoop or scrape the frozen sorbet into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until creamy, but still solid. Serve immediately, or transfer back into the pan, and freeze until ready to serve.
- Alternatively, once the simple syrup has been whisked in, you can pour the mixture into a frozen base for an ice cream maker, and churn for 20 to 25 minutes, then freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.