- 3 cups (420 grams) sweet black cherries, pitted
- 1¼ cups milk
- ⅔ cup (130 grams) granulated natural cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup(75 grams) sifted all purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Generously butter the bottom and sides of a 12-inch (30-cm) oval casserole.
- Add the milk, ⅓ cup (65 grams) sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, and flour to the bowl of a blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour a ¼-inch layer of batter in the prepared baking dish. Set it over a medium flame on the stove for 1 to 2 minutes, until the batter just begins to set at the bottom of the dish.
- Spread the cherries into single layer in the pan. Pour the remaining batter over them.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar on top.
- Bake for one hour, until the flan puffs up, and is deeply golden.
- Let the clafoutis cool 10 to 15 minutes, and dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired, before serving. May also be served at room temperature.