Best Blueberry Pie
Read through the post for notes on what to do if you don't have home-canned blueberry pie filling.
- 1 recipe Perfect Pie Crust, thawed overnight in the fridge if using a frozen crust (or use one of these pie crust recipes)
- 1 jar (or batch) blueberry pie filling, recipe here
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Fit one of the pie crusts into an 8-inch regular (not deep dish) pie plate.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Top with the remaining pie crust, or cut the crust into strips, and arrange them in a lattice pattern on top. Finish the edges as desired, and use a sharp knife to cut a few air vents if you didn't do a lattice pattern.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce to the temperature to 350ºF (180ºC). Bake 30 to 35 minutes more, until the crust is deep golden, and juices are bubbling from the pie.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting, at least three hours.
- Love this recipe? Click here to contribute.
- Click here for more pie recipes