Tahini & Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 8 plump, dried dates (120 grams), pitted
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted & fruit scooped from skin
- 2 tablespoons (15 grams) cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (38 grams) tahini
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- ¼ teaspoon (1 gram) fine sea salt
- Cherry Conserves, to serve (recipe here)
- Coconut Whipped Cream, to serve (recipe here)
- Add the dates to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until they form a thick paste.
- Add the avocado, cocoa powder, tahini, vanilla, almond milk, and salt. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Divide between 2 small glass jars or bowls. Cover with plastic film, and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. May be made 1 day in advance.
- When ready to serve, spoon some conserves on top. Add a dollop of whipped cream. Serve immediately.