My Broccoli Crush...
- Olive oil
- Broccoli, chopped (florets & stems)
- Leftover cooked pasta
- Pasta cooking water or broth (vegetables, bean or chicken)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- Get a dry skillet super hot over medium-high heat, and add a swirl of olive oil. Toss in chopped broccoli. Let it sit in the pan undisturbed for a minute or two until the broccoli is nicely singed.
- Shake the pan to loosen the broccoli. At this point you can add some aromatics, if you wish (sliced garlic or shallots are nice). Add cooked, leftover pasta. Pour enough liquid create a scant sauce to coat the pasta. Stir in some fresh lemon juice, if desired. Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with a generous amount of freshly grated pecorino.