Anja’s Chocolate Mousse
- 100 grams chopped chocolate, preferably dark or semisweet
- 2 large eggs, separated
- Thick pinch of flaky sea salt
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Set a bowl that fits snugly on top of the pot, so that no steam escapes. Reduce heat so water is gently bubbling. Add chocolate to the bowl, and let sit undisturbed for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the egg whites to a deep bowl & beat until soft peaks form.
- Once chocolate is melted, stir until smooth & remove from heat.
- Beat yolks in a separate, clean deep bowl. Slowly, and I do mean slowly, dribble in the melted chocolate while constantly whisking the yolks.
- Stir a third of the whipped egg whites into the bowl with the chocolate-egg yolk mixture. Fold in the remaining egg whites. Divide between 2 to 4 cups, cover with plastic film, and chill in the fridge for a few hours until set.