Vegan Perfect Pie Crust
- 2 cups (300 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks / 168 grams) very cold vegan butter, cut into 12 pieces (I love, love, love this butter)
- 1½ teaspoon (7 ml) white or apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons (45 ml) ice cold water
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse once or twice to combine.
- Add the vegan butter. Pulse a few times, just until the butter mixes into the flour, forming a sandy mixture with some pea-sized pieces.
- Add the vinegar and water. Pulse 60 to 90 seconds just until it comes together into a ball of dough. It’ll start out looking like wet sand, and comes together into a ball during the last few seconds of pulsing.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured counter. Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces, and shape into 1-inch thick, round disks. Use immediately, or wrap tightly in plastic film, and store in fridge until ready to use (up to three days).