Honey Pumpkin Pie
- One single piecrust (I used half of this recipe)
- ½ cup (160 grams) honey
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon (1 gram) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) ground ginger
- 15-ounces pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup (180 ml) heavy cream
- Whipped cream, to serve (optional, recipe here & here)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC) with a rack set to the lowest position.
- Generously grease a 9-inch pie plate (regular, not deep dish). Tear bits of dough off, and press it against the sides of the pan (making sure it covers from the top to the bottom of the sides). It should be about ⅛-unch thick. Once the sides are covered with dough, press the remaining dough into the bottom of the pan. Set the pan in the fridge to stay chilled while you prepare the filling.
- Add the honey, eggs, salt, and spices to a deep bowl. Whisk until the eggs are a bit fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the pumpkin puree. Whisk in the cream.
- Pour the filling into the pan with the crust. Bake for 15 minutes on the lowest rack. Reduce temperature to 350º (180ºC). Bake 45 minutes more, until the filling puffs up slightly (don’t worry, it’ll fall soon after coming out of the oven), and the center looks set. Let cool for at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftover pie in the fridge.