Bella's Honey Cake
- 6 tablespoons oil (neutral, like canola or grapeseed)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons (120 grams) honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 small to medium apple, peeled & grated
- 1¾ cups (260 grams) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Generous ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 teaspoons orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- Freshly grated rind of 1 small orange (zest & white pith)
- Freshly grated rind of ½ lemon (zest & white pith)
- ⅓ cup walnuts, toasted & chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease & flour the sides of an 9-inch springform pan or round cake tin; line the bottom with parchment.
- Add the oil, sugar, eggs, and honey to a deep bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- Add the apples, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, orange & lemon zest, and walnuts. Stir to mix; the batter will be a bit thick.
- Spoon into the prepared cake tin. Bake until golden, edges pull slightly away from the side, and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.