No Bake Crisped Rice Snack Bars
- 3 cups (121 grams) crisped brown rice cereal
- ½ cup (53 grams) juice sweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup (29 grams) mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup canola or grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons (25 grams) granulated natural cane sugar
- ¼ cup (80 grams) honey or brown rice syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch each of ground cinnamon & allspice
- Line two 8-inch loaf pans with plastic wrap or parchment paper (honestly, plastic wrap really works best here).
- Add the cereal, cranberries, and chocolate chips to a deep bowl. Stir to mix.
- Combine the oil, sugar, honey, salt, and spices in a small pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes until sugar has completely dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture. Stir with a rubber spatula until the cereal is well coated.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared pans. Press down firmly into the pan (you want to really pack it in so the bars hold together when ready to cut). Let cool for 30 minutes. Cut each loaf into 4 to 6 bars, depending on what size you prefer. Store in an airtight container, or wrap individually in parchment paper for an easy grab & run snack to pack in weekday lunchboxes.