- ½-inch thick slices of baguette or ciabatta bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt & Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh mozzarella, cubed
- Tomatoes, diced
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Red wine vinegar
- Drizzle some oil on the bread slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If your bread is fresh, toast or grill it it to provide a sturdy canvass for your toppings.
- Arrange the bread on a dish or platter, depending on if it's a main course or appetizer.
- Scatter the mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil over the bread. Drizzle the oil on top. Season with salt and pepper. Give a few shakes of vinegar.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes, and up to 30 minutes before serving.