Homemade Pop Tart Dough
- 1⅓ cups (200 grams) all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- ¼ cup (32 grams) cornstarch
- ½ cup (60 grams) Confectioner’s sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (1 gram) baking powder
- 4 tablespoons (56 grams) cold butter, cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons (90 ml) cream
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, Confectioner’s sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to blend.
- Add the butter, and pulse 4 to 5 times until it forms a sandy-looking mixture with some pebble-size pieces.
- Pour in the cream. Pulse a few times, then process 30 to 60 seconds until it comes together in a rough ball.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured counter or cutting board. Gently knead a few times until it comes together into a smooth dough.
- At this point, you can wrap the dough, chill it up to 2 days, until ready to use (let it soften enough to roll if you choose to do so), or continue making these Peach Pop Tarts.