- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch thick coins
- 1 cup marinara sauce (recipe here)
- Freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Use ⅓ cup of the sauce to coat the bottom of two 8-inch by 2-inch oval ovenproof casserole dishes. Arrange half of the zucchini over the sauce (it’s fine if they overlap).
- Spread another ⅓ cup of sauce over the zucchini.
- Sprinkle some Pecorino on top, then scatter half of the mozzarella.
- Repeat with the remaining zucchini, sauce, Pecorino, and mozzarella to make one more layer, making sure to end with the mozzarella.
- Bake 30 minutes, until the zucchini is tender, sauce is bubbling, and cheese is golden. Serve hot, or at room temperature.