Basil Pesto, of sorts
- A basketful of fresh basil leaves (or as much basil as you can cram into a 9-cup food processor)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add the basil and garlic to a food processor. Pulse until it breaks down, you may need to scrape the sides once or twice.
- Add the salt. With the processor on, drizzle in half the olive oil.
- Spoon the pesto in a jar. Top with the remaining oil (do not stir).
- Store at room temperature, adding oil as needed to keep the basil submerged.