Homemade Peach Pie
- 6 medium-large peaches, peeled & sliced
- ¾ cup granulated natural cane sugar
- Freshly squeezed juice of ½ lemon
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 3 to 4 tablespoons flour (depends on how much juice peaches release)
- Perfect Pie Crust (recipe here)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Combine the peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and flour in a deep bowl. Stir until the flour is mixed in, and juices begin to thicken. Set aside.
- Prepare the piecrust.
- Roll one crust out into a 10-inch circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate (not deep dish). Spoon the filling into the crust.
- Roll the remaining crust into a 9-inch circle. Use a small cutter to cut out vents, or cut into strips to make a lattice topping (here's a great tutorial). Arrange the crust on top, flute the edges, or press with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Bake until golden, and juices are bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let pie cool completely on a wire rack before serving.