I've included instructions for baking this crust. If summertime has you thinking about the grill, you can totally grill the crust, a few minutes each side, over a medium-low flame, and then add the toppings.
- ½ recipe of Whole Grain Pizza Dough (recipe is here)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ avocado, smashed
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 ounces (56 grams) fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into chunks
- ½ bunch watercress
- Handful (8 to 10) grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Adjust the rack in your oven to its lowest position. Place a pizza stone on top of the rack, and turn the oven on to 500F (260C). Make sure to do this step while your dough is at the last 30 minutes of its rise, so the oven has enough time to get nice and hot.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured wooden or metal peel. Press or stretch the dough out into an 8-inch (20-cm) circle, whatever method you prefer (I start by pressing from the center, then switch to stretching). Brush a bit of olive oil over the dough.
- Slide the formed dough onto the stone. Bake for 6 minutes, or until the edges and bottom of the crust are golden.
- Remove the crust from the oven, and immediately spread the avocado on top. Season with salt. Scatter the chunks of mozzarella over the avocado (the heat will cause them to melt slightly). Evenly lay the watercress on top, then scatter the tomatoes and bacon over it. Cut pizza into 4 to 6 pieces, and serve immediately.