Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (175 grams) whole-wheat pastry flour, plus more for kneading
- ¼ cup (35 grams) spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons (15 grams) buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon (3 grams) active rise yeast
- A bit more than ¾ cup (195 grams) warm water
- Add the flours, salt, and yeast to a deep bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Pour in the water, and using a wooden spoon, stir until it forms a sticky dough.
- Lightly flour a counter or large cutting board with some of the whole wheat pastry flour. Scrape the dough onto the surface, and lightly sprinkle some more flour on top. Knead the dough 3 to 5 minutes, adding more flour only as needed, until the dough forms a smooth, round ball.
- Sprinkle some flour into a clean, deep bowl. Add the dough to the bowl, and cover tightly with plastic film. Let sit in a warm spot until doubled in volume, about 1½ hours. Proceed with desired pizza recipe.