- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 broccoli crowns, florets roughly chopped (save stalks for another use)
- 1 carrot, peeled & diced
- 1 green zucchini, cubed or cut into triangles
- 2 garlic cloves
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 knobs of butter
- 5 cups cooked penne pasta
- Freshly grated zest of ½ to 1 lemon
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat a wide, deep skillet over medium-high flame. Add a swirl of oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the broccoli, carrot, zucchini, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, and garlic is golden and fragrant.
- Add the pasta and butter to the pan. Stir to mix everything together, and coat the pasta and vegetables with the butter. Cook until the pasta is heated through.
- Stir in the lemon zest, and as much Pecorino as desired.
- Serve hot, warm, or even cold, if you like.