Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins
- 1 cup (150 grams) flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more to serve
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Generously butter the bottoms and sides of a 6-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to mix.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter—no need to let it cool.
- Combine the milk, egg, syrup, and melted butter in a small bowl. Whisk until well blended. Pour over the flour mixture. Stir with a fork until just combined (it’s okay if there are a few lumps). Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tin—it’ll look quite full, don’t worry.
- Bake 15 minutes, until deeply golden on top.
- Use the remaining pat of butter to rub the tops of the muffins as soon as they come out of the oven. Arrange them on a platter, and serve immediately with a little bowl of syrup for dipping.