Apricot & Lemon Thyme Ice Cream (No-Churn)
- Scant cup (7 ounces / 207 ml) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 232 grams Lemon Thyme Poached Apricots (from this recipe), chopped
- 1 cup (237 ml) heavy cream
- Unless you’re using individual containers, line one 8-inch loaf pans with a sheet of waxed paper, long enough to hang over the sides.
- Add the milk to a deep bowl. Stir in the apricots.
- Add the cream to a separate, clean deep bowl, and beat until stiff peaks form. You can do this using a hand mixer, stand mixer, or whisk if you’re up for a little upper arm workout.
- Scoop ⅓ of the whipped cream into the bowl with the condensed milk. Stir it in to loosen the mixture.
- Add the remaining whipped cream, and this time use a rubber spatula to fold it in. Folding, is a method where you insert you spatula into the center, gently lift, and fold the batter over itself, keeps the ice cream base light and airy.
- Spoon the ice cream batter into the prepared containers. Cover, and freeze until firm enough to scoop, about 6 hours. The ice cream will keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.