Refined Sugar-Free Perfect Pie Crust
- 2 cups (300 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks – 336 grams) very cold butter, cut into 12 pieces (24 if doing by hand)
- 1 large egg, cold
- 1 teaspoon (7 grams) honey
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) vinegar (white or Apple cider NOT red wine or balsamic)
- 2 ½ tablespoons (38 ml) ice cold water
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse once or twice to combine.
- Add the butter. Pulse a few times, just until the butter mixes into the flour, forming a sandy mixture with some pea-sized pieces.
- Add the egg, honey, vinegar, and water. Pulse 60 to 90 seconds until it comes together into a ball of dough. It’ll start out looking like wet sand, and comes together into a ball during the last few seconds of pulsing.
- Dump the dough onto a counter (no need to flour unless you’re using the dough immediately, but note that this dough also doesn’t require any chilling time). Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Shape into 1-inch thick, round disk. Wrap tightly in plastic film, and chill up to 3 days.