All-Natural Homemade Fabric Softener (with a surprising ingredient from your kitchen)
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 10 drops essential oils (orange, lavender & mint are some favorites)
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme (but only if you have it on hand)
- Combine the vinegar and essential oil in a jar. Cover & shake before each use. You can tuck in some fresh thyme or mint, too, if you have an abundant amount like I do in the garden.
- To use, add ¼ cup of the vinegar solution to the softener dispenser in your washing machine.
- Note: you'll smell a little vinegar after the wash is done but your clothes will not smell like vinegar (promise!).