Strawberry Almond Milk
- 1 cup soaked almonds (120 grams) (read this for more on soaking almonds)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 3 large strawberries
- Pinch of sea salt
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Splash of pure maple syrup (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a blender. Cover, and blend until the almonds are mostly pulverized (2 to 3 minutes in my no-frills, basic blender).
- Pour through a fine mesh bag to strain out the pulp (I use a special nut milk bag from the healthfood store). You can save the pulp, and dehydrate in a low oven (250F), then use as a gluten free “breadcrumb” or add it to your compost pile.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 4 days. Shake gently before drinking.